Search Button
Divider Home Button

Services menu image

WIC (Women, Infants and Children)

The Health Department provides WIC services in Boone, Campbell, Grant and Kenton counties. WIC is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture and provides specific nutritious foods along with nutrition and breastfeeding education to the participant at no cost. These services are provided to income eligible and nutritionally at-risk pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children up to 5 years old. Persons who receive Medicaid or food stamp benefits automatically meet the income requirements for WIC.

WIC services are available at the Health Department's county health centers and at HealthPoint Family Care, 1401 Madison Ave., Covington, Ky. To schedule an appointment for WIC services at the HealthPoint location, please call 859.655.6100.

Eligibility requirements
Applying for WIC
What you will receive
Program integrity
WIC breastfeeding peer counseling program
Northern Kentucky WIC program
Mobile app
Non-discrimination statement

Eligibility requirements
To be eligible for WIC, you must:

Even if you work, you may still be eligible to participate in the WIC program. The following table is the current income guidelines for WIC.
Updated: April 24, 2017

Family size
  1 2 3 4
Weekly $430  $578 $727 $876
Bi-Weekly $859 $1,156 $1,453 $1,751
Twice monthly $930 $1,252 $1,575 $1,897
Monthly $1,860 $2,504 $3,149 $3,793
Annual $22,311 $30,044 $37,777 $45,510

Applying for WICA child gets weighed as part of a WIC visit
You can set up an appointment to apply for WIC through your county health center.

When you arrive for your appointment, make sure you bring the following items:

What you will receive
Foods you or your children may receive through the WIC program are:

View the food brochure

You will get nutrition information to help you choose nutritious foods and improve your and your family's health. WIC can also help you find regular health care and childhood shots if needed.

WIC information for health care providers

Program integrity
Please note: Selling or trading WIC formula, foods of e-WIC cards is program violation that could result in criminal charges and/or disqualification from receiving future benefits.

WIC breastfeeding peer counseling program
Along with providing nutrition support and information, the Health Department's WIC program also provides a peer counseling program for breastfeeding mothers.

Breastfeeding peer counselors are WIC moms who have successfully breastfed their children and can offer other new moms breastfeeding information, support and encouragement.

The peer counselors are available by phone outside of normal business hours to assist moms who may have questions about breastfeeding.

Learn more about the benefits of breastfeeding.

Northern Kentucky WIC program

Some facts about the Health Department's WIC program:

Mobile appWIC shopper app
Kentucky WIC families can use the WICShopper mobile app to view your benefits and determine if foods are WIC eligible. Download WICShopper for free from your app store.

Non-discrimination statement

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for
prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800.877.8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866.632.9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.