Openings a New Food Service Establishment: Timeline
Two weeks prior to opening
- Notify Health Department of projected opening date. Contact Ted Talley, Environmental Health Manager at 859.363.2027
Provide establishment contact information so assigned inspector may coordinate opening inspection.
- Complete application for permit and pay appropriate fee
Three to five days prior to opening
- Scheduled opening inspection. All construction must completed with required agency approval, including plumbing, building inspector, fire marshal, etc.
- Establishment must be free of construction material and debris
- All kitchen equipment must be installed and operating properly
- Establishment must be stocked and ready to operate
- No critical violations and minimal non-critical violations must be found on the opening food inspection.
One to two days prior to opening
- Follow-up inspection, if needed. The inpsector will verify correction of critical and non-critical violations.